Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3

flowers
My assigned teacher for C4T #3 was Jenny’s Learning Journey. Jenny is a schoolteacher in Auckland, New Zealand and her blog is used “to record my experiences, reflection, learning, sharing, and any other things that matter to my career as a teacher”.  The first blog post that I commented on was “Having a Go at Photography”. In this post, she talks about a “young man who is full of energy and original ideas”.  His father could not buy him a big, fancy camera, so he uses what is available to him, his iPhone. Jenny says that his pictures look amazing to her, and the moral to his young man’s story is “The happiest people don’t have everything, they just make the best of everything”. One day, Jenny went for a walk and snapped some pictures of flowers. The pictures next to this post are a few that she has taken. In my comment I said that I believe this is an extremely important lesson in life. I know many people who need the materialistic aspects in life, like name brand clothes, to make them happy. We need to make the best of what we have! I also said that I also enjoy taking pictures and that I have used some of my work to create a huge collage on one of my walls in my house.

google plus icon

The second blog post that I commented on was entitled, “My First Experience with Google Plus”. In this post she describes how she had heard about Google Plus. She said at first that it did not look very “user friendly”, but after using it looking around she got the hang of it and she loves it. She describes Google Plus as being very similar to Facebook and says that the privacy feature is most impressive. She has a few circles with different members in each. In my comment to this post, I said that I had heard of Google Plus, but that I had never thought about using it. I am now looking into Google Plus and will be using my account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment