Saturday, March 3, 2012

C4K Summary #1

Students using computer


C4K #1: For this assignment, I was assigned Menrinna in Mr. Chamberlain’s 8th grade 6th hour class from Noel Elementary School in Noel, Missouri. The post that I commented on was a short poem written by Menrinna. It was a short poem, but had a lot of emotion embedded within. In my comment, I told her that I was a student at the University of South Alabama and that I am planning to teach high school kids. I told her that her poem was full of anticipation and good similes. My favorite line was “wing floats past me like the whispers of old men talking” because it gives the poem a “life-like” feeling. I loved her poem!


C4K #2: For C4K #2 I was assigned Sandhol who is in 4th grade. In this post, Sandhol explains his favorite activity from this year. The activity that he described was a “picture perfect AR party”. He liked the project because the students got their own cameras and could take pictures of anything they pleased. After taking pictures, the students were given a party, with apples and dip, and watched America’s Funniest Home Videos. In my comment, I told Sandhol who I was and that I was planning to teach one day. I also stated that I enjoyed taking pictures and watching America’s Funniest Home Videos. It sounded like they had a great time with this project. 

C4K #3: For this assignment, I was assigned Kole in Mrs. Garcia’s 4th grade class at Mary Montgomery in Canada. This was my favorite C4K for this month because it was about Mardi Gras. Mrs. G’s class skyped with 4th grade students in New Orleans. Kole and his classmates learned about the Mardi Gras traditions. He explained what he had learned from the students in New Orleans, which included, the meaning of the colors, purple, gold, and green, the meaning of the baby in king cake and the amount of garbage left in the streets after the celebration was over. I told Kole who I am and that I have plans to teach high school students. I told him that, like New Orleans, Mobile also celebrates Mardi Gras. I also stated that some of my family members ride in the parades and that there is a lot of trash in the streets once the party is over. 

C4K #4: For student number 4, I was assigned 5P3 RF, a 5th grader from Iowa in Mrs. T.G.’s class. This post was written in December 2011 and it was about Subway. This 5th grader talks about how great Subway is, from the time you walk in to the smell of fresh bread, until the time you walk out with a stomach full. He stated that you get to pick your own toppings, including salt and pepper, pick a cookie or chips, and have “pop or water” with your sandwich. In my comment, I explained who I am  and told the student that after reading this post, I was hungry. I also explained my favorite sandwich and told him that I like to drink Coke and eat chips with it. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Abigail,

    This is a great summary post. Good work! However, when you provide the source in the image title tag you need to have it as the actual place where the photo is found, not just Google images. Google is just the search engine that gathers the pictures for you. Click the image to find the actual source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok thanks! Glad you told me this. I need to fix the image for blog post 8.

    ReplyDelete